Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Strawberry-Hibiscus Sorbet

I have just returned from Mexico where I had a delicious Hibiscus Sherbet. As I was eating this delicious dessert, I said to myself, "I must make something like this when I get home."

I frequently drink Hibiscus tea, so I already had the dried flowers at home just waiting for me to create my own delicious dessert.

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 C.water
1/4 C. dried hibiscus flowers

SYRUP:
1 C. water
3/4 C. sugar
1/4 C. light corn syrup
1 C. sliced Strawberries
1/2 C. very sweet dessert wine like Barefoot Moscato

INSTRUCTIONS:
Combine the water and hibiscus in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to steep for at least 1 hour, until cool. Strain and discard hibiscus flowers, being careful to discard any sediment at the bottom of the pot. Refrigerate until chilled.

Make the syrup by bringing the water, sugar, corn syrup and straberries to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and blend strawberries until smooth then add the wine and refrigerate until chilled.

Combine the syrup with the hibiscus tea. Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer and procees until freezer stops. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment