Monday, August 30, 2010

Opal Stout's Sugar Cookies

OK...so I am not really sure who Opal Stout is but, I do know she was a resident of Tulia, Texas where I grew up and apparently her recipe for Sugar Cookies is the BEST EVER!!!!!

Posted by request of my sister Crissi Brooks.

INGREDIENTS:
Mix together in a VERY large bowl:
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Powdered Sugar
1 C. Fleishman's Margarine, softened
1 C. Canola oil
2 Eggs

Add the following and mix...you may have to use your hands
5 C. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Vanilla (After starting this recipe one time and discovering I was out of vanilla, I found that substituting Brandy for the vanilla makes an equally delicious sugar cookie)
1/2 tsp. Almond Extract

Pinch off dough and roll into 1-inch balls. Flatten each ball on a cookie sheet with a glass or cookie press that is dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown around the edges.

Makes a lot of cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment